Chococat Mini Messenger Bag: Bowtie
Item # 08367-201203
Carry this classy Chococat Mini Messenger Bag out on the town. This messenger bag features... more details
Carry this classy Chococat Mini Messenger Bag out on the town. This messenger bag features Chococat in a red bow on a grey monogrammed background.
- 9.75"H x 13.5"W x 4"D
- material: cotton
- outside: 1 pocket
Displaying 1-2 of 2
Very pleased with item. Very durable for tween girl. Look is overall superb.
Defective & worst customer service
Some of the questions you might be wondering about:
1. It does not have an interior pocket. To me this seems like a no-brainer. It's a second layer of security that I've grown to count on with other bags, having a zippered inner pocket. Any pocket, really, would have been nice. I hope Sanrio keeps this in mind for future bags.
2. The shoulder strap is adjustable. I was happy to discover this - it looked like it was adjustable in the picture but it wasn't 100% certain. It is, however, very tight and takes some patience to actually get it to adjust.
3. The inner lining is loose (not attached to any portion of the bag except at the top edges near the zipper) and while I guess it makes for easy cleaning... sort of, it also feels cheaply made in proportion with the rest of the bag. A heavier lining material would have been better, too.
4. Don't be fooled by the accent snap color! In the picture on the website, it looks like it matches Chococat's bowtie. In reality, it is sort of a plum purple, which doesn't go with the rest of the bag AT ALL. These same purple rivets/snaps are on the bag's handles. I'm not sure why it was decided to make them purple and not the red of his bowtie, but it does look strange.
5. I don't know if I was just unlucky, but the bag I ordered came with a huge snag across the back and a large white, undyed spot near the seam. I do need to say that the back of the purse suffers from slightly shoddy stitching. I could point to 5-6 other spots where the stitching could develop into snags over time: little bumps of threads or thread ends just loose.
6. The vinyl on the bottom already shows crease marks. I'm guessing this is from flattened storage - long periods of time in the warehouse where the bag has been folded - but really, I'd prefer slight signs of wear start occuring AFTER I've had a bag in my possession for longer than a day or two.
I know this seems like a lot of negatives - why buy this, right? I do really love the design though (bow ties are cool) and the purse does a few things right. I think the bag is a good size and for the most part, I also love its color scheme (minus the purple snaps). The zipper pull is embossed with the word 'Chococat' with a red bow tie underneath the 'C' which I think is an adorable touch, matching the purse itself. I buy almost exclusively Chococat items but I find the styles can be hit or miss, so when I saw it, I was very excited.
I will be returning the purse for a refund. I love the design but the defective product - in addition to the negative customer service experience I had for most of the transaction - has made it impossible for me to feel good about this purchase, even if I were to just do an exchange.