Hard Lines Designer Manager : Torrance, CA
Sanrio, best known for global icon Hello Kitty and home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, and Keroppi, is a worldwide lifestyle brand founded on the "small gift, big smile®" philosophy -- that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. For over 50 years, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique Sanrio products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 12,000 U.S. locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 100 Sanrio boutiques. For more information, please visit www.sanrio.com and www.facebook.com/hellokitty.
Lead and direct Sanrio Consumer Product Hard Line Design team to design hard line product category ideas, product approvals and product execution pages for brand style guides. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise others, direct & develop design staff on multiple projects to meet creative goals & multiple tight deadlines.
· BFA in Industrial/Product Designer closely related area.
· 7+ years experience within the consumer product industry with at least 3 years of progressive design and project management responsibility, or equivalent combination.
· Ability to take projects from concept, ideation and all the way through the completion.
· Able to work under tight deadline.
· Demonstrated advanced drawing and design expertise with attention to detail.
· Must be physically able to use computer and artists tools.
· Must be able to translate marketing objectives into 3D visual format
· Must have a strong sense of color, illustration skills and building
· Computer Knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point, MS Excel, MS word.
· Strong written/oral/verbal communications skills, with strong attention to detail.
· A team player able to give & take direction, professionally & effectively collaborate and coordinate creative functions/projects with internal / external business partners.
· Must maintain company/licensee proprietary & confidential design concepts and information.
· Some travel may be required (approx. 25% - 30%).
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
Job code: HDM-1029
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080