Junior Designer : Torrance, CA
Serves as Junior Designer for Brand Image segment of Sanrio Inc. focusing on licensees' brand image related approvals, which include packaging and various marking collateral submissions. This role is hands-on and will handle project from all stages starting from conceptualization to final completion under supervision of the Art Director.
· Handle all Brand Image related licensee approvals from concept to final production stages.
· Responsible for assistance with submissions including packaging, merchandising display/POP, marketing collateral such as flyers, brochures, catalogs, advertisement, in-store display, trade-show and promotional event graphics, giveaway items, and web related submissions.
· Assist art director on research and development for each properties' core packaging guide; based on the overall brand
· Works with licensees to ensure character/brand integrity, design excellence, legal compliance and quality are maintained across all packaging, marking collateral, and all other visual platforms.
· Maintain the creative integrity of the Sanrio Inc. brand and ensure that our vendor partners are submitting innovative packaging designs that reflect the latest trends across all tiers of distribution for hardline and soft lines.
· Collaborate on the creation of packaging art flies to help support our licensees and cross-functional teams to understand the overall vision of the department.
· Develop and maintain organization of all style guides across all tiers of distribution.
· Assist art director and associate designer on special packaging projects.
· Provide graphical support to designers and associate art director on more involved design assignments such as planogram display and concept store renderings.
· Track and administer a clear packaging approval process for all licensees.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· BA/BFA in Graphic Design, packaging design, or closely related area.
· 1+ years Graphic Design/Packaging Design experience.
· Efficiency in drawing and illustration.
· Computer proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point, and In-Design.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Able to prioritize, balance and manage workload and multiple deadlines.
· Good written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Self-motivated and have a strong ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· A team player able to take direction as necessary, and work professionally with others.
· Must maintain company/licensee proprietary and confidential design concepts and information
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080