Bilingual Associate Manager, Sales (English/Japanese)
Bilingual Associate Manager, Sales (English/Japanese) : El Segundo, CA
The Associate Manager, Sales interfaces with Tokyo-based parent company Sanrio, Ltd. to translate, communicate and position products to various internal sales functional teams representing North American markets. This position is supports the Chief Operations Officer and President of Sanrio Inc. in translating various reports to management in Tokyo. Acts as a liaison between the Japanese parent-company based in Tokyo in various reporting requirements and must be bi-literate in Japanese. Periodic communication and travel to Japan to meet with Japanese counterparts is required.
- Acts as liaison between Sanrio Inc., the North American subsidiary and our Japanese-speaking counterparts.
- Identifies and manages wholesale opportunities in North America markets internally with sales functions.
- Responsible for assisting sales teams with various coordinating efforts in securing retail placement.
- Facilitates interdepartmental communication, as well as international communication with all related personnel either in person, or via video conference.
- Maintains up-to-date records, such as archived reports and provide records to the necessary personnel.
- Other sales and analysis responsibilities as assigned.
- Some college and a minimum of 5 years related administrative experience required.
- Must be Japanese bi-literate and have familiarity with traditional Japanese business etiquette. Fluent Japanese level verbal/written communication skills required.
- A quick learner, able to acquire on-the-job licensing knowledge.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and with multiple departments/countries at once.
- Must be willing to work as part of an international team and think globally.
- Must be well-organized to manage and track multiple titles in multiple regions and keep all involved parties informed and up to date.
- Must have good interpersonal skills. Openness and honesty is essential in assessing potential risks.
- Requires periodic international travel, several days at a time on relatively short notice. A valid passport is required.
- Requires a passion for retail sales, marketing and the Sanrio brand.
- Computer proficiency with business software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
Job Code: BM-OL-1117
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080