Contract Administrator : El Segundo, CA
Under minimal supervision and in a timely manner, provide senior level contract administration support for legal counsel. Under the supervision of legal counsel, draft and negotiate merchandising license agreements interact heavily with internal business groups to resolve outstanding issues, and be primarily responsible for the drafting of customs letters and oversight of the company's contract database.
- Draft and distribute license agreement summaries to sales, marketing, and creative groups
- Draft a high volume of customs letters for licensees, including oversight of required documents necessary to issue letters
- Coordinate and distribute a high volume of signed correspondence, both internally and to licensees
- Coordinate with creative department in order to assist licensees with initial set-up
- Coordinate the resolution of counterfeit issues with other internal business groups
- Input contract terms into Dependable Solutions database system
- Maintain and file legal documents both digitally and in paper file system
- Provide senior level administrative support to legal counsel, including scheduling, drafting correspondence, overnight courier services, scanning, and data entry
- Interact with internal departments on a daily basis in order to obtain resolution to outstanding matters
- Request, follow-up, and track necessary paperwork from licensees in order to meet the terms of the license agreement
- Update Excel contract status report on daily basis
- Assist finance department with database reporting for internal and external audits, as needed
- Meet with President for signature of legal documents
- Other duties as assigned
Requires college degree and 5 or more years' experience with contract administration and database oversight in a similar work environment (e.g., licensing, consumer goods, toys, film, entertainment). Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel). Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use independent judgment to rely on experience to plan and accomplish goals and resolve related matters/issues. Requires excellent verbal and written skills when communicating with internal business groups and outside parties (e.g., licensees, attorneys, senior executives), extreme attention to detail, and an appreciation for procedures. A team player able to take direction as necessary and work professionally with internal/external business partners. Must maintain company/licensee proprietary and confidential information.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080