Creative Director : El Segundo, CA
Define and drive Sanrio's overall Creative vision while maximizing Brand integrity. Establish Company's Creative philosophy, objectives and strategy and create cohesion and synergy for the Company. Provide strong Creative direction and leadership.
- Act as Creative leader for Brand image, Marketing collateral, content development, style guides, product development, store design, etc.
- Partner with Brand Marketing team in developing and executing Creative vision and story for Brand initiatives which include events, activations, web and digital content development, photo shoots, video production, etc.
- Provide concept, art direction and design direction that support Company goals and strategies.
- Communicate, consult and work collaboratively with Sanrio Tokyo Creative team.
- Drive projects from concept and ideation through completion.
- Drive product innovation and differentiation.
- Provide conceptual direction and leadership to partners as it relates to style guide usage and product development.
- Lead with strong communication and direction to guide, inspire, mentor and lead staff to maximize their talents.
- Establish and streamline Creative processes to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Manage team, budgets, timelines and projects while working across several departments and with outside partners.
- Ensure Creative team has regular and effective communication with partners.
- Support staff by prioritizing workload, trouble-shooting problems and providing solution-based thinking.
- Lead the Creative team in developing strategies that include retailer-specific programs and distribution channel differentiation.
- Understand and analyze US market and trends and determine relevancy for Sanrio Brands.
- Stay informed of new Creative technologies and analyze new trends and data.
- Define strategies to create on-trend and consumer-resonating art assets.
- Lead brainstorming and Creative workshops.
- Adhere to and enforce all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain proprietary and confidential design concepts and information.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Art, Design, Marketing, Communications or similar Creative discipline. Minimum of 10 years industry experience with at least 6 years of progressively demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop Creative teams. Excellent leadership and communication skills. Strong understanding of Brand development and multichannel Marketing concepts. Ability to handle multiple projects, delegate and meet rigorous deadlines. Strong critical thinking and presentation skills. Team player able to work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners. Conceptual thinker with a strong business sense. Knowledge of product development processes. Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be physically able to use computer and artist tools.Personal interest and knowledge of kawaii, Japan, international design, pop-culture brands, art and fashion a plus. Willingness to travel up to 20% of scheduled work time.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
Job Code: CD-OL
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080