Creative Manager, Hardlines
Creative Manager, Hardlines : El Segundo, CA
Have leadership & responsibility over all Hardlines categories. Develop and communicate category design direction based on Brand vision. Create & drive new product programs & develop new processes. Design ideas from concepts to fully worked out design solutions. This role will be hands-on & will handle projects from conceptualization to final completion.
- Drive growth & innovation while maintaining the leadership & relationships for key categories within Hardlines.
- Manage two Hardlines designers
- Professionally collaborate with licensees to ensure character/brand integrity, design excellence, legal compliance & quality of licensed products.
- Responsible for communicating design direction to licensees & developing innovative & creative concepts.
- Design product concepts for style guides, licensees, inspiration decks, retailer pitches, etc.
- Present new product plans, trends & reports to both internal teams & external partners.
- Creatively manage co-branded projects in conjunction with the Brand Marketing team.
- Responsible for Hardlines product approvals, creating overlays, etc.
- Develop & incorporate new procedures to increase quality of product & efficiencies.
- Research & report creative trends in the industry & incorporate into future Hardlines product designs.
- Creative research for the Style Guide team as it relates to Hardlines categories.
- Work with a high level of independence, according to project briefing, creative vision & direction in close cooperation with Creative Director.
- Drive innovation into product; have creative solutions to cost and/or manufacturing constraints to drive better product.
- Prioritize, balance & manage workload with multiple deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work with tight deadlines & demonstrate a high degree of flexibility.
- Be a creative partner to the Licensing and Business Development teams across the categories & licensees managed.
- Help oversee parts of creative budget & external resources.
- Must have knowledge of the manufacturing process, materials technologies, costing of products & understanding of various materials.
- BA/BFA in Industrial/Product Design or closely related area.
- Minimum of 5-7 years job experience in hands-on design, including at least 1-2 years management & supervisory experience.
- Must have 3D product design experience including working with sculpts, 3D product design drawing, sketching and concepting.
- Excellent drawing skills and ability to create character art and overlays.
- Digital experience (i.e. graphic development for apps).
- Strong written & verbal communication & presentation skills. Communication must be clear and concise.
- Strong project management & supervisory experience.
- Physically able to use computer & artist tools.
- Proactive, self-starter, creative thinker & problem solver.
- Computer Knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point, MS Excel, MS word. 3D modeling software a plus.
- Effective project management ability to plan, prioritize design projects from conception through completion & produce high volume design work & meet multiple deadlines.
- A team player able to give or take direction as necessary, & work professionally & collaboratively with internal & external partners.
- Must maintain company/licensee proprietary & confidential design concepts & information.
- Travel required - up to 15% maximum.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
Job Code: CMHL-OL
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080