Designer/Senior Designer : El Segundo, CA
Serves as a graphic designer for Style guide segment of Consumer Product Design, mainly focus on development of style guide graphics creations for all Sanrio brands. Create design ideas from basic concepts to fully worked out design solutions under supervision of Art Director. Have the ability to work with tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility. This role is hands-on and will handle projects from all stages starting from conceptualization to final completion under supervision of Art Director.
- Manage, strategize and navigate the ever-changing retail environment and partner with key retail decision makers to implement innovative and profitable retail programs.
- Collaborate with key retail partners to develop and implement profitable and innovative programs in our key product categories such as apparel, toys, accessories, home, beauty and food.
- Help developing numerous trends for each season in accordance with corresponding properties with Art Director.
- Create Product style guide for all Sanrio properties based on existing Brand Strategies.
- Help establish fashion trends by researching and trending through magazines and on-line from graphical point of view.
- Present style guides to licensees if necessary.
- Focusing on asset creation of style guides development.
- Work collaboratively with other members of GCPD to finalize style guide and style file from graphical and layout stand point.
- Prioritize, balance and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
- Good organization/prioritization skills necessary to work under tight deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AA in Graphic Design or closely related area (BA/BFA preferred).
- 10+ years’ experience within the consumer product industry or equivalent design expertise.
- Great drawing/ illustration skills & sense of color.
- Computer proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Power Point. Knowledge in MS Excel, and MS Word a plus.
- Knowledge of printing processes.
- Good organization/ prioritization skills necessary to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously, must be a team player and able to work collaboratively and professionally with others.
- Good written/verbal communications skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to take direction as necessary.
- Must maintain company proprietary and confidential design concepts and information.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080