Hello Kitty Reading Day
Hello Kitty Reading Day!
Bookstore and library events to be held on October 25, 2014
In celebration of beloved pop culture icon Hello Kitty's 40th anniversary, 400 bookstores and libraries across North America will participate in the first Hello Kitty Reading Day on October 25, 2014. The event is an initiative between Sanrio and its Hello Kitty publishing partners, including Abrams, Perfect Square, Priddy Books, Penguin, Quirk Books, and Sourcebooks.
"Hello Kitty Reading Day is a new initiative for Sanrio and our publishing partners that celebrates reading and Hello Kitty," said Jill Koch, Senior Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing for Sanrio, Inc. "Resonating with generations of fans, Hello Kitty's broad appeal is highlighted in the range of books featured in Hello Kitty Reading Day. Bookstores and libraries across the country will be taking part in this program by creating a fun-filled day of activities for fans of all ages."
The fun-filled day includes:
· Hello Kitty trivia
· Cookie decorating from the Hello Kitty Baking Book
· A crochet project from Hello Kitty Crochet
· Activity sheets from Happy Birthday, Hello Kitty and Hello Kitty Wipe Clean Workbook ABC
· Coloring sheet from Hello Kitty, Hello New York and Hello Kitty Comic Book
· Mad Libs madness with Hello Kitty Mad Libs
· Read-along with Let's Read: Hello Kitty and Me
· Giveaways: Hello Kitty crowns, Hello Kitty nail decals from Hello Kitty Nail Art, and more.
There is something for everyone at Hello Kitty Reading Day, and fans can find participating stores and libraries in their area by visiting: Sanrio.com/HelloKittyReading.
Media requests: Dylan's Candy Bar
Lauren Kenyon/Rogers & Cowan