Licensing Director, Hard Lines
Licensing Director, Hard Lines : El Segundo, CA
Directs licensing efforts of Sanrio Hard Line business (including: Publishing, Food/Beverage, HBA, Consumables, Toys, Electronics, Home, Social expressions/Stationery, Gift/Collectible, Seasonal/Outdoor), Responsible for Hard lines division P&L (meeting quarterly and annual revenue goals). Provide leadership to category managers while driving strategy to meet revenue goals and still maintaining differentiation product strategy in each retail channel.
- Proven leader and out-of-box thinker to create strategy, ideate, inspire team, licensed partners and execute on vision
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals for Sanrio Inc. Consumer Products.
- Meet annual profit goal for Sanrio, Inc. Consumer Products
- Manage and develop hard lines licensing team
- Identify and drive white space and key categories for growth
- Expand Sanrio's portfolio of brands
- Build marketing plans to support licensees and licensed programs
- Cultivate strong relationships both internally and externally
- Oversees: Publishing, Toys/collectibles, Gift, Sporting Goods, Health/Beauty, Food/Beverage, Consumer Electronics, Stationery,/ Activities, Greetings/Party, Seasonal, Auto, Pet, Infant gear and Home/Housewares
- Expand Canadian licensee base and revenue, determining the most effective partners within this territory in partnership with licensing agent.
- Manage budget spreadsheets
- Strategize in building licensing programs for each retailer making sure there is product differentiation.
- Manage negotiation from deal formulation and internal approval through closing the deal for new and existing licensees.
- Work with contract administration to facilitate contract compliance including but not limited to checking expiration dates, minimum guarantee out-earning, and audit functions.
- Help expedite internal processing of licensees requests to meet our brand goals and maximize each licensee's business potential. Communicate brand expectations to the licensees and ensure they meet all contractual obligations.
- Extensive interaction with senior executives and staff members across marketing, creative, finance, retail and legal departments and others on special projects, retail presentations, etc.
Bachelor's degree with 8+ years related licensing/marketing experience Extensive experience in managing hard lines licensing business, contract negotiation, management skills, has relationships with leading licensed hard lines partners and CPG companies a must, strong pitch & presentation skills, strategic planning. A blue-sky thinker and proven leader with strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Relies on knowledge and expertise to use independent judgment and analytical skills to research, problem-solve and make day-to-day business decisions as well as formulate long-term strategic brand plans. Demonstrated experience and success with licensing management and sales. Must be able to lead the sales team to consistently achieve sales goals. Must be well versed in assigned category product life cycle, current licensees and key category players. Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint), Keynote, must possess excellent negotiation, organization/prioritization, problem-solving skills, able multi-task in fast-paced environment, excellent interpersonal & written/verbal communication skills; must be detail oriented and a team player able to interact professionally with licensees and internal business groups. Must be able to effectively supervise, lead and develop subordinate staff. Prior supervisory experience.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
Job Code: LD-OL
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080