Sanrio At Anime Expo And San Diego Comic-Con
Sanrio Announces its Participation in Anime Expo and Its Return to Comic-Con International: San Diego
Sanrio, the global lifestyle brand known for Hello Kitty and many more endearing characters, is making its first appearance at Anime Expo in Los Angeles July 2–5. Attendees are invited to meet the newest member of the Sanrio family, Gudetama™ and see My Melody® in her very own fashion show. Sanrio also makes a return visit to Comic-Con International: San Diego July 9-12 with new activities, appearances and giveaways to celebrate the 40th Anniversaries for My Melody and Little Twin Stars®.
Gudetama, the lazy egg, will be featured in Sanrio's themed "Gudetama Kitchen" booth (#011 B/C) at Anime Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In this interactive space, fans can meet and take pictures with Gudetama, pick up complimentary buttons & chopsticks wrapped in Gudetama-themed sleeves, and shop exclusive Gudetama merchandise, including t-shirts and activity books straight from Japan. Fans can also find free stickers and chopsticks from the Gudetama street teams traveling L.A.'s busy streets on Gudetama-branded scooters.
At Anime Expo, Sanrio will also celebrate My Melody with her first-ever fashion show in the U.S. As part of Anime Expo's fashion show programming, Sanrio's Sweet Happy My Melody Fashion Show will showcase My Melody fashions from the streets of Tokyo. Japanese pop culture retailer, JapanLA, will style the show and preview a special clothing collaboration with My Melody as well. The fashion show will be held on Friday, July 3rd at 5:30pm in the Petree Hall; admission is free with an Anime Expo badge.
In addition to styling the My Melody fashion show, JapanLA will also feature a booth space selling the new JapanLA for My Melody clothing collection, an exclusive top designed by artist, Miss Kika featuring Hello Kitty, My Melody and Little Twin Stars and the follow-up fashion collection to The Simpsons x Hello Kitty collaboration.
In honor of Little Twin Stars' and My Melody's 40th anniversaries, Sanrio is welcoming fans of the beloved characters to its Comic-Con booth on the San Diego Convention Center floor. Little Twin Stars and My Melody designers from Japan will be on hand to greet fans, draw the characters and sign art boards for a limited number of fans each day of the convention. Collectors and fans can also find a limited edition My Melody vinyl figure and Little Twin Stars vinyl figure set, both exclusive to Comic-Con. Outside of the convention, My Melody and Little Twin Stars' street teams will be roving throughout San Diego sharing themed freebies. And if you're a Hello Kitty Fan, the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck will feed supercute sweets to hungry fans at Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park.
In addition, Hello Kitty fans can also find Hello Kitty Comic-Con exclusives and limited edition product at booths including:
· Hello Kitty, Hello 40 story & art anthology published in partnership with VIZ Media (booth 2813). This will be the last opportunity for fans to their hands on the publication, which was nominated for a 2015 Eisner Award for Best Publication for Early Readers
· Chogokin Hello Kitty die-cast robot action figure in a new red colorway; as well as a reissue of Chogokin Hello Kitty in the blue colorway that sold out last year (available with new packaging). At Bluefin-Tamashii Nations (booth #3545)
· Cute and collectible Upper Deck dog tags (booth #307) featuring Hello Kitty in five fun Comic-Con themed careers: Background Actor-Zombie, Comic Book Artist, Toy Designer, Panel Moderator, and Cosplayer. Each dog tag includes an exclusive black ball chain, a matching oversized trading card, and a figure pack
· Exclusive products at tokidoki (booth #5145) including the "Kittypatra" women's t-shirt, "Kitty Gang" women's shirt and "Kaiju Kitty" men's shirt as well as fan favorite tokidoki x Hello Kitty "Frenzies"
· A Little Twin Stars t-shirt and a My Melody t-shirt at Mightyfine (booth # 1322)
Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who is celebrating her 40th Anniversary this year. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the 'small gift, big smile' philosophy - that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 15,000 U.S. retail locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 80 Sanrio boutiques. For more information please visit www.sanrio.com and www.facebook.com/hellokitty.