Banana Ice Cream Recipe with Pochacco
Did you know that Pochacco’s favorite food is banana ice cream? Sounds super yummy, especially during these final dog days of summer. Well, we got some good news for you! Making banana ice cream is super easy, and just involves one ingredient – it’s literally bananas!
Banana Ice Cream
5 to 6 large ripe bananas
- Use ripe bananas; make sure they are soft and sweet!
- Peel the bananas and cut them into small pieces. The pieces should be uniform in size, but the smaller the pieces are, the easier it will be later when blending!
- Put the chopped up bananas into an airtight container and freeze overnight. A freezer-safe glass bowl will work, or you can use a freezer bag.
- Blend the frozen bananas in a food processor or a blender. We used a blender, but a food processor will probably work better for this recipe.
- As you blend, be sure to stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula as you go along. The bananas will look crumbly at first, but as you continue to blend, the texture will change to a creamy, soft-serve ice cream.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for about an hour until solid. If you can’t resist, feel free to eat the ice cream right away, but it will be really soft!
And that’s it! Super easy, super tasty! Perfect for ice cream cones.
Ice cream cones you say? Check out these Pochacco ice cream cone covers. They're an amazing summertime superpup coverup for sugar cones! Yum.