Excited to binge watch the NEW season of Aggretsuko?! Have yourself a Sweet & RAGE night with these fun and delicious snacks!
Hi, my name is Clara, and I love to create cute crafts, treats, and food art, especially for my kids. Bright colors and adorable characters make me happy. Although I majored in science and currently work as a pharmacist, art has always been my passion. I believe it’s never too late to live your dream. You can find more fun creations on my Instagram @clarasham22
Now let's create some sweet & RAGE treats!
DIY Sweet & RAGE Aggretsuko Popcorn Bags
- Red and blue treat bag
- Construction paper - light orange, black, white, light brown, red
- Glue stick
- Fine tip black marker
- Your favorite photo of Aggretsuko's face to use as a template (Sweet or RAGE)
1. Draw/trace and cut out all the shapes that make up Aggretsuko’s sweet and rage face. Print some images to help you. Glue all the pieces together.
2. With a fine tip black marker, write the forehead symbol on her rage face. Use an enlarged internet image to help you.
3. Glue her sweet face on the blue bag and her rage face on the red bag.
4. Make popcorn recipes below to fill up bags with Sweet & RAGE popcorn of your choice!
Sweet Popcorn Recipe - Blue
- 2/3 cup blue candy melts
- 5 cups popped popcorn
1. Place candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds on 50% power. Stir and return to the microwave, in 30-second intervals at 50% power until smooth and fully melted.
2. Pour over popcorn and mix well.
3. Place onto wax paper to dry.
4. Add into the blue popcorn bag.
Spicy Popcorn Recipe - Orange
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
1. Mix together the melted butter, Sriracha, and garlic.
2. Pour over popcorn and toss.
Red Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe - Red
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red hot candies
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine water and red hot candy over medium-low heat in a small saucepan.
3. Stir until candy is melted.
4. Pour over popcorn and toss to combine.
5. Bake until the popcorn is almost dry, about 20 minutes.
6. Add into the red popcorn bag with the Sriracha popcorn.
Sweet & RAGE Aggretsuko Candy Apple Decorations
- 1 Black mini jelly bean
- White taffy candy
- Red taffy candy
- Black fondant
- White Fondant
- Soft caramel candy
- 2 Round chocolate covered mints
- 2 Round white chewy mint candy
- Fondant rolling pin
- Small round cutter (or round piping tip)
- Wax paper
- Aggretsuko template to help with design
1. Place Aggretsuko template under wax paper. Roll the white and red taffy candy, black fondant and caramel flat.
2. Cut out the facials features. Use the black fondant to decorate her eyes and mouth. Cut the red and white taffy to form her rage mouth.
3. Cut the jelly bean in half for her nose. The round mints will be the eyes. Stick onto the taffy/caramel cutouts by gently pressing down.
4. Mold the ears with white fondant and caramel.
5. Prepare your candy apples.
RAGE Aggretsuko Spiced Candy Apple
- 2-3 large apples
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- orange food coloring
- Wooden dowel
- Candy thermometer
- Black decorating icing
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Wash and dry apples thoroughly, then insert a wooden dowel into the bottom of the apple.
3. In a medium saucepan with an attached candy thermometer, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Once it bubbles, reduce heat to medium-high and boil until the temperature reaches 300°F.
4. Immediately take the mixture off the heat and stir in the cinnamon extract, cayenne pepper and a few drops of orange food coloring. Working quicky, angle the saucepan and dip the apple into the syrup until fully coated. Transfer onto the pre-greased baking sheet.
5. Attach the rage face decorations to the apple. Everything should stick on its own.
6. Using black decorating icing with a #1 tip, pipe the forehead symbol onto the candy apple using an internet image as a guide.
Sweet Aggretsuko Candy Apple
- 1 1/2 cups candy melts - mix of red and yellow
- 1 package unsweetened, dessicated coconut
- Orange and yellow food coloring
1. Add a mixture of red and yellow candy melts to make your desired orange color in a microwave safe bowl. Melt until smooth starting at 50% power for 1 minute then at 30 second intervals.
2. Add a few drops of orange and yellow food coloring to the dessicated coconut to make her fur color.
3. With a stick inserted to the bottom of your clean apple, dip into the melted bowl of candy melts.
4. Coat with the colored coconut and place onto wax paper.
4. Attach the sweet face decorations to the apple. It should stick on its own but you can add a bit of melted candy melts to help secure the ears.
Please note: Sanrio has invited, but does not necessarily endorse, the comments of this guest blogger. The contents of this blog are the copyrighted works of the guest blogger, except that Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters remain the sole intellectual property of Sanrio, and are used with permission from Sanrio. Any ideas or instructions for homemade products featuring Hello Kitty or other Sanrio characters are authorized for personal use only. A separate license from Sanrio is always required to sell or distribute any products featuring Hello Kitty or other Sanrio characters.