Sanrio to Celebrate at Comic-Con International: San Diego
Sanrio to Celebrate at Comic-Con International: San Diego
Debut of new brand hello sanrio, the hello sanrio: say hello! community app, and fan favorite Gudetama
Sanrio, the global lifestyle brand recognized worldwide for its universally beloved pop icon Hello Kitty, has created a superfun experience for this year's Comic-Con International: San Diego - with celebrations both inside and outside of the San Diego Convention Center.
Inside the convention center (booth #4737), Sanrio will launch hello sanrio, a new multi-character brand that ushers in an immersive world uniting multiple characters. hello sanrio marks the first time that the company has premiered a new multi-character brand via digital content. The Sanrio booth will also feature new fan favorite and global phenomenon, Gudetama. hello sanrio and Gudetama will offer fans many avenues for engagement at Comic-Con International: San Diego and beyond.
The supercute Sanrio booth will offer two unique statements: hello sanrio - where fans will get a sneak peek of the immersive world and download the say hello! community app, the first in the suite of lifestyle apps for the new brand. Fans can also purchase the first hello sanrio product - a limited edition collection of five mini plush tucked inside a clear vinyl tote bag. The set features Hello Kitty, Chococat, My Melody, Keroppi, and Pompompurin. The Gudetama area of the booth will feature photo opps and giveaways throughout the day; as well as a limited edition Gudetama t-shirt and cap for purchase, while supplies last. Early bird fans can line up to receive a ticket to return at a designated time during the day for one of a kind character artwork hand drawn by Sanrio designers from Tokyo headquarters, including Gudetama's creator.
In addition, limited edition Comic-Con products will be featured in the following partner booths:
- SEGA - Sanrio and SEGA® announce a new partnership debuting at San Diego Comic-Con. Sonic the Hedgehog™, along with his friends Tails, Knuckles and Amy, will team up with Hello Kitty, Badtz-Maru, Chococat and My Melody for the first, limited edition collectibles that fans can purchase at the convention. The gold Super Sonic x Hello Kitty mash-up plush is available at Toynami (booth #3229); a Sonic the Hedgehog x Sanrio skate deck will be sold at all BAIT booths (limit 50 - booth #4523, #4845, #5140) as well as a Sonic the Hedgehog x Sanrio pin set at BAIT booth #4845 (limited edition of 300). Additional products will launch Fall 2016.
- Upper Deck (booth #307) - a Comic-Con limited edition hello sanrio bundle will be available only at Upper Deck's Comic-Con booth. The bundle includes one oversized trading card, a 3” button, and one mini figure pack featuring Sanrio fan favorites My Melody, Chococat, Keroppi, Badtz-Maru, Pompompurin, and Hello Kitty! Collect all six “bundles” to create the entire hello sanrio city scene.
- Toynami (Booth #3229) - Toynami and Sanrio are at it again, this time mashing up legendary Hello Kitty with the world of Sonic The Hedgehog. Hello Kitty and Sonic the Hedgehog will be making appearances at the Toynami booth on Thursday, July 21st at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Fans can also purchase the gold Super Sonic x Hello Kitty mash-up plush (limited to 1,000), which will only be available at Comic-Con.
- BAIT (Booths #4523, #4845, #5140) - A Sonic the Hedgehog x Sanrio skate deck (limited edition of 50) will be sold at all BAIT booths as well as a Sonic the Hedgehog x Sanrio pin set (limited edition of 300) at BAIT booth #4845. A chaser Sonic the Hedgehog x Hello Kitty silver pin (limited edition of 300) will be available for fans to purchase at the BAIT store located at 920 5th Ave. San Diego, CA 92101.
- tokidoki (Booth #5145) - tokidoki and Hello Kitty reunite for another kawaii collection. The all-star cast of characters from the tokidoki universe joins forces with Hello Kitty for a capsule-collection that includes a tee, hoodie, and a snapback hat along with an official Comic-Con debut of a t-shirt featuring Sandy and Gudetama! A super limited edition vinyl Platinum Kittypatra is also available for purchase allowing guests to take home their own version of the larger-than-life sculpture that debuted at the “Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty” art exhibit at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles.
Outside the convention, fans can enjoy sweets from the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck on site at Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park. The cafe truck will be debuting a hello sanrio macaron set with limited quantities per day during the convention. The hello sanrio sweets are in addition to the amazing offering of Hello Kitty goodies - including cookies, macarons, petit fours, bow-shaped water bottles, and more. And keep an eye out for the Sanrio “street team,” riding Gudetama branded Vespa scooters around the streets of downtown San Diego passing out promotional items.
To learn more about hello sanrio visit www.sanrio.com/hellosanrio and follow hello sanrio on Facebook (Facebook/hellosanrioapp) and Twitter (@hellosanrioapp) to be among the first to get sneak peeks, play game demos, and share feedback.
Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who is celebrating her 40th Anniversary this year. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the 'small gift, big smile' philosophy - that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 15,000 U.S. retail locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 80 Sanrio boutiques. For more information please visit www.sanrio.com and www.facebook.com/hellokitty.