Sanrio to Launch New hello sanrio Brand at Comic-Con International: San Diego
Innovative new multi-character brand unveiled, along with "hello sanrio: say hello!" community app
Sanrio, Inc., the global lifestyle brand recognized worldwide for its universally beloved pop icon Hello Kitty, announces the launch of their new brand - hello sanrio - at Comic-Con International: San Diego, July 21 through July 24 (booth #4737). hello sanrio is an innovative new lifestyle brand that offers an immersive world uniting multiple characters and fans through unique products and digital content.
"The introduction of hello sanrio marks an exciting evolution in Sanrio's history - a history that's rooted in fostering social communication, connecting people and nurturing friendships," says Jill Koch, Sr. Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing at Sanrio, Inc. "hello sanrio adds to this rich history by creating a world in which Sanrio's fans can engage and interact with one another and with our expansive roster of characters through a suite of apps, unique digital content and supercute products."
hello sanrio marks the first time that the company has premiered a new multi-character brand via digital content. The new hello sanrio brand features several firsts and offers fans many avenues for engagement at Comic-Con International: San Diego and beyond, including:
- An immersive, digital "kawaii" community created through a suite of lifestyle apps where multiple characters from the company's deep design legacy can interact and showcase their unique personalities. Created in partnership with Hyper Hippo Games, initial content will feature Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Chococat, Badtz-Maru, My Melody, Pompompurin, Gudetama, Little Twin Stars, and Pochacco. More Sanrio characters will continually join the hello sanrio world. The suite of apps will also connect fans, providing a platform where they can communicate, express themselves, experience the Sanrio universe in their own unique way, and learn about special product launches and promotions.
- say hello! is the first app to be available from the hello sanrio suite of lifestyle apps. A first iteration of the community app will be unveiled at the Sanrio booth at Comic-Con International: San Diego. Sanrio is actively seeking input from fans through hello sanrio social media channels and within the say hello! app to help build the hello sanrio community. say hello! and all forthcoming apps will be designed and evolve based on fan feedback, a key factor in the iterative app creation process.
- The first hello sanrio product - a limited edition collection of five mini plush tucked inside a clear vinyl tote bag - will be available at the Sanrio booth at Comic-Con International: San Diego. The set features Hello Kitty, Chococat, My Melody, Keroppi, and Pompompurin. A designer from Sanrio's Tokyo headquarters will be on hand to draw Sanrio characters for a select number of fans each day.
- Outside the convention, fans can enjoy sweets from the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck, on site at Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park. The cafe truck will be debuting a hello sanrio macaron set with limited quantities per day during the convention.
- Promotional hello sanrio video clips exploring the quirky, wondrous Sanrio world will make their debut starting late 2016 to be distributed through YouTube and other channels.
- hello sanrio's unique aesthetic will be applied to a broad range of products - including apparel, accessories, stationery, and collectibles - that will be launching for Holiday 2016 at select Sanrio stores and at sanrio.com.
To learn more about hello sanrio, visit sanrio.com/hellosanrio and follow hello sanrio on Facebook (Facebook/hellosanrioapp) and Twitter (@hellosanrioapp) to be among the first to get sneak peeks, play game demos and share feedback. Check out the hello sanrio promotional video here.
About Hyper Hippo
Hyper Hippo creates virtual worlds and video games that are played by millions of fans around the world. Founded in 2012 by the creator of Club Penguin, Hyper Hippo builds games that are available on mobile, Steam and soon on major consoles. Based in beautiful British Columbia, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptional team that is constantly innovating and exploring new ideas in game design. Major titles for Hyper Hippo include Adventure Capitalist - the world's greatest capitalism simulator, and the upcoming hello sanrio - featuring Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters.
Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who is celebrating her 40th Anniversary this year. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the 'small gift, big smile' philosophy - that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 15,000 U.S. retail locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 80 Sanrio boutiques. For more information please visit www.sanrio.com and www.facebook.com/hellokitty.
Media requests: Orsi Public Relations
Dyann Hawkins/Racine Diaz (323)874-4073