Natalie Murphy is a blogger and creative based in Portland, Oregon. She loves crafting, writing, traveling and tackling big DIY projects in her home. If you’d like to see more from Natalie, visit her YouTube Channel or follow her on Instagram. Thank you so much Natalie for sharing this DIY!
· Old teacup
· White spray paint
· Hot glue gun
· White polymer clay
· Yellow, red, & black paint
1. Spray paint your old teacup, wait 10 minutes in between coats and make sure the teacup is completely coated.
2. Once dry, paint Hello Kitty’s face unto the teacup using black paint. I measured the distance between her eyes to get a good ratio. Continue by painting Hello Kitty’s three whiskers, and three ovals for her eyes and nose.
3. Once the black paint has dried, add a smaller yellow oval in the middle of her nose. Let dry.
4. Roll out two small but equal balls of the white polymer clay, form two wide triangles and fit to the rim of your cup. Set aside.
5. Take two additional balls of clay (one medium, one very small) and roll them out. Form one long oval and “pinch" in the middle to form a flat peanut shape, take the other ball of clay and flatten to make a flat circle.
6. Bake all clay pieces in your oven at 230 degrees for 15 minutes.
7. Paint “bow” pieces red once cooled down.
8. Attach ears and bow using your hot glue gun and place your plant inside!
**Note about your plant: If you choose a succulent for your new planter, feel free to leave it in its plastic container or place rocks at the bottom for proper drainage.
Please note: Sanrio has invited, but does not necessarily endorse, the comments of this guest blogger. The contents of this blog are the copyrighted works of the guest blogger, except that Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters remain the sole intellectual property of Sanrio, and are used with permission from Sanrio. Any ideas or instructions for homemade products featuring Hello Kitty or other Sanrio characters are authorized for personal use only. A separate license from Sanrio is always required to sell or distribute any products featuring Hello Kitty or other Sanrio characters.