Did you know that today is National Pound Cake Day? Maybe you didn't, but everyone knows that almond pound cake is My Melody's favorite food!
Our pal, justJENN, aka Jenn Fujikawa, created a recipe back in 2013 in honor of this sweet day. Here it is again, just in case you missed it back then!
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
4 oz cream cheese
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9x5x3 loaf pan with buttered parchment. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until combined. Add in the almond extract and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour until the mixture is just combined.
- Pour evenly into the prepped pan. Sprinkle the top with the brown sugar, then the sliced almonds.
- Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60+ minutes (depending on your oven), until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in the pan, then use the parchment to pull the cake out and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
Yummy! Doesn’t this almond pound cake look super tasty?
Make sure to check out justJENN’s lifestyle blog dedicated to easy meals, entertainment and geeky recipes at www.justjennrecipes.com.