Meet Our Guest Blogger
March 10 is National Pack Your Lunch Day, and we’re celebrating with this adorable Cinnamoroll bento box! Cinnamoroll bento is a breeze to make, which means there’s no excuse for not making this your next lunch-on-the-go!
If you’re looking for more bento box ideas, be sure to check out my blog or Instagram @lovefirstbento where you’ll find plenty of cute and colorful bento boxes that are guaranteed to turn lunchtime into the best meal ever!
I made Cinnamoroll out of rice, nori, and ham, and then tucked him in amongst a fresh garland of lettuce, which I think makes it look like he’s playfully peeking out of a grassy garden – perfect for spring! The rest of the bento is packed with salt & pepper shrimp, sesame-steamed broccoli with cheesy flower decorations, a hard-boiled egg, and a lemony carrot salad.
- 1.5 cups warm, cooked sushi rice
- Nori seaweed
- 1 slice of ham or bologna
- Lettuce (optional)
- Nori cutter
- Small oval-shaped food cutter
- Plastic wrap
- Flower food pick (optional)
1. To make Cinnamoroll’s head, wrap some of the cooked sushi rice in plastic wrap, then carefully mold the rice into the shape of his head. Repeat this process with the remaining rice to make Cinnamoroll’s two ears and two front paws.
2. Using the nori cutter, cut out Cinnamoroll’s two eyes and mouth from the nori seaweed.