Sanrio Partners with Select Los Angeles Restaurants to Launch Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt
Sanrio, the global lifestyle brand best known for beloved pop icon Hello Kitty, has partnered with a selection of Los Angeles' hottest foodie spots to launch Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt. Debuting for the first time in Los Angeles, a hub for some of the nation's most delicious and innovative food and beverage spots, Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt will give these specially selected dining venues the opportunity to join in the celebration of Hello Kitty's 40th Anniversary.
Starting October 24th and running through November 21st, participating venues will each offer a yummy Hello Kitty food or beverage item created exclusively for this special occasion. Curated to bring a diverse offering ranging from modern American comfort food such as burgers, to sushi, ramen, and other delicious varieties of Asian fusion, to tea and scrumptious desserts, the program is sure to offer something for everyone to enjoy.
Embracing Los Angeles' culture of culinary adventure while promoting Sanrio's "Small Gift, Big Smile" philosophy, each Hungry Hunt menu item will also include a collectible Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt pin featuring Hello Kitty enjoying a different treat from each of the participating restaurants. Throughout the duration of the Hungry Hunt, fans and foodies can follow the official Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt map to visit each location, enjoy all of the tasty treats and collect the limited edition pins that feature Hello Kitty holding each restaurant's special food item. The pins are available while supplies last.
Restaurants participating in Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt include:
· Lemonade (Downtown L.A): known for its seasonal southern California dishes and overall popularity amongst the Los Angeles community, the acclaimed fast casual cafeteria-style eatery will feature a special Hello Kitty Lemonade. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a glass of lemonade.
· Plan Check Kitchen + Bar (Downtown L.A.): the third and newest outpost of the hip neighborhood restaurant in the City West district will mix up its widely enjoyed modern American comfort food offering with an adorable Hello Kitty Bento Box from Executive Chef Ernesto Uchimura, including a burger with pink cheese, fries, spicy tuna salad, chilled green tea latte, and strawberry cruller donuts with ice cream. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a burger.
· Charm City Cakes West (West Hollywood): the buzzworthy bakery founded by renowned chef Duff Goldman will offer its cutest creation yet in a custom designed Hello Kitty cupcake. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a slice of cake.
· Daikokuya (Sawtelle): the authentic Japanese ramen bar will enhance its culture-rich atmosphere with Hello Kitty Ramen. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a bowl of ramen.
· Café Dulce (Little Tokyo): situated in the heart of Little Tokyo, this specialty café/bakery will welcome Hello Kitty to their diverse menu with Hello Kitty Donuts. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a donut.
· Zip Sushi & Izakaya (Little Tokyo Arts District): the delicious sushi and Asian fusion restaurant will bring Hello Kitty's signature charm to their already imaginative and vibrant take on cuisine, offering a special Hello Kitty Sushi item. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding sushi.
· Seoul Sausage (Sawtelle): The Food Network's "Great Food Truck Race" Season 3 winners who are known for their Korean BBQ inspired street food, will offer a delicious Hello Kitty Sausage. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a sausage.
· Dylan's Candy Bar (The Original Farmer's Market at The Grove): a perfect match for the beloved pop icon, this acclaimed confectionary emporium famous for its signature infusion of art, fashion and pop culture into its delicious sweet treats will feature a Hello Kitty Sundae. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a sundae.
· Chado Tea Room (Little Tokyo/Japanese American National Museum): known for revolutionizing tea drinking in Los Angeles, the culture-rich tea room will bring Hello Kitty's adorable appeal to tea drinkers with a special blend of Hello Kitty tea and scone. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a cup of tea.
· Xlixe Pizzeria (Little Tokyo): the restaurant that brings mouthwatering hand tossed New York style pies to LA's Little Tokyo dwellers will switch it up with a supercute Hello Kitty Pizza. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a slice of pizza.
· Lollicup Coffee & Tea (Sawtelle): known for their delicious concoctions of milk and tea based beverages; the bright and flavorful atmosphere of this hotspot will naturally incorporate Hello Kitty's unique charm with a Hello Kitty Boba Drink. Collectible pin: Hello Kitty holding a boba drink.
Hello Kitty's Hungry Hunt is one of many components in the celebration of Hello Kitty's 40th Anniversary. The roster of exciting events include Hello Kitty Con 2014, the first ever Hello Kitty fan convention taking place October 30th - November 2nd; Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty, the museum exhibition being held at the Japanese American National Museum (JANM) that opens on October 11th; and the global 'Share a Hug with Hello Kitty' campaign that spreads the message of fun and friendship. They all come together to make Los Angeles the premiere destination for Hello Kitty fans to join the celebration.
Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who is celebrating her 40th Anniversary this year. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the 'small gift, big smile' philosophy - that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 15,000 U.S. retail locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 80 Sanrio boutiques. For more information please visit www.sanrio.com and www.facebook.com/hellokitty.